Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cheesecake & Co.

Are you in the mood for cheesecake? Cheesecake & Co. located in Plainpalais offers a variety of different cheesecakes, including chocolate chip and peanut butter cheesecake, marble cheesecake, coconut and pineapple cheesecake and of course New York cheesecake. Their menu also includes bagels, cupcakes, muffins and brownies.

Many places like this one have tried their luck in Geneva in the past, so it is hard to tell how Cheesecake & Co. will fare. Their competition includes Starbucks which offers many of the same items on its menu. Maybe it will just be a question of whether your preference goes to Starbuck's raspberry cheesecake or Cheesecake & Co's almond amaretto cheesecake.

Pictured below: a slice of chocolate chip and peanut butter cheesecake.

2 comments:

  1. Great concept and all, but we won't go back. Reasons: 1. Staff was very unfriendly and acted like we were bothering them 2. After telling the company on their Facebook page -- in a carefully written and friendly note, my comment got deleted without any explanation. This wasn't very good politics as I am now aggravated and will recommend against this place to people I know. Nowadays - business just can't afford having bad customer service. Sorry, wake up and smell the coffee. 3. The cupcakes were meh... Especially for CHF 4.50.- a piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It is very insightful and it reflects the way I feel about many of the eateries in this city. Poor customer service, not going the extra mile, overpriced cupcakes, etc. Oh and I couldn't agree more, in an economy like this one, why any business feels it can afford to deliver anything less than perfection is entirely beyond me.

      By the way, I was looking at another restaurant's Facebook page a few days ago, and someone posted a comment about how the food fell short of his expectations. I looked back a while later and the comment had mysteriously disappeared. I don't know if the disgruntled customer thought better of posting his comment, but more likely I would think the page admin got rid of it. I don't know, I'm very suspicious of such practices but they do seem to occur on a regular basis.

      Delete