Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another fabulous night at Luigia's

Well I have to say, I've been to Luigia a number of times since it opened, and thus far it has never disappointed me. Though I must confess I have yet to order anything other than the pizza. I apologize to the disgruntled reader who left a comment after my initial Luigia blog post, but this pizzeria continues to be my favorite in Geneva so far. However, I do agree with the reader in question that Geneva's restaurants tend to start out with a bang but are often unable to maintain their efforts and momentum in the long term.

Having said that, I certainly hope Luigia's fate will be different... who knows, it might be one of the very few establishments that starts out really well, and somehow becomes even better over time. Here's to hoping!

Pictured below: a pepperoni pizza followed by a chocolate and almond confection for dessert.

a pepperoni pizza from Luigia

almond dessert

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried pizza at Camilo on Rue du Stand or it's sister restaurant Espresso Club in Paquis? Some of the best pizza I have ever had. I'd be surprised if you thought Luigia's is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Sarah. I keep hearing about Espresso Club but never got around to trying it, how is the service there? I'm not sure I've ever heard of Camilo, will have to check it out for a future review!

    Thanks again for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete