Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hôtel d'Angleterre - Afternoon Tea 2014

In early 2010, I posted about Hôtel d'Angleterre's afternoon tea. I remember at the time, I quite enjoyed it but somehow I didn't really feel the need to go back until very recently. Largely because a friend of mine told me they had greatly improved the experience over time. I figured I would have to go back and check for myself! And, let me tell you, I was not disappointed! The scones and finger sandwiches are hands down my favorite items on the cake stand. The cakes and pastries are very good too, but as far as I'm concerned, they're definitely not the main event.

Overall, afternoon tea at Hôtel d'Angleterre is a highly pleasurable experience!

Pictured below: scones, various finger sandwiches including an egg salad sandwich and a chicken salad sandwich and finally an assortment of pastries.











2 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy. Would love to try the brunch / afternoon tea. How much does it costs? per person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xavier - if memory serves, the afternoon tea will run you about CHF 47 but brunch is quite a bit pricier, and drinks are not included. As far as five star hotel brunches go, I think Kempinski is a pretty good deal because drinks are included (at least non-alcoholic beverages are included), and unless things have changed over the past few months, it's in the CHF 80 vicinity.

    As far as the food goes, I prefer the Intercon's brunch but again drinks are not included. However, I will say, I wish all of these hotels would stop wasting everyone's time with verrines in their brunch buffets -- they just tend to be a letdown most of the time.

    ReplyDelete